The Friends of Webster Public Library are library supporters who are committed to strengthening the library and helping it provide the best service possible to the community. They are motivated, hard-working volunteers who enjoy working together! Friends of WPL is a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Maintain an association of persons interested in books and libraries
- Promote and support the Webster Public library, its services, facilities, programs and needs
- Sponsor programs that promote the cultural and educational needs of the community
- Support financially the library services, programs and materials not covered in the library operating budget through fundraising activities
- Early bird buying privileges at the semi-annual book sales.
- The opportunity to meet fellow community residents and help the library at the same time!
- Participation in social events.
- $1 off your purchase at the semi-annual book sales.
Want to Volunteer?
The FWPL welcomes new members and volunteers. We encourage new volunteers to join one of the many FWPL committees working to support the library. In addition, the semi-annual book sale offers a variety of opportunities to volunteer. Friends sometimes assist at library and community events. A small number of Friends sort donations and manage the Lobby Book Store.
We love making new Friends! If you are interested in making new Friends or volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com for more information. Or join us at our General Membership meeting. The FWPL meets every other month in the Community Room at the Library.
Join the Friends: Memberships
Fill out the form and bring it to the library or pay with the credit card option online.*
- $10.00 per year for a single membership
- $15.00 per year for a family membership
- $5.00 per year for seniors age 60 and over
- $25.00 per year for non-New York State Resident/Family**
- $100.00 Lifetime membership
Use Credit Card or PayPal to pay for membership dues and/or make a donation. Use the drop down box below to select the membership level and/or donation amount.
*If using a credit card option select membership level or donation amount. You will be taken to the Paypal checkout screen. If doing a membership and donation select one and return to this screen to choose the second option.
Friends General Membership Meetings Dates
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024
- Saturday, March 16, 2024 (12-2pm) Potluck
- Wednesday, May 15, 2024
- Wednesday, September 18, 2024
- Wednesday, November 20, 2024
The Friends general membership meetings are held in the Library Community Room.
Meetings begin at 2 pm. All members are welcome to attend. We hope to see you there!
Friends of the Webster Library Book Sale
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 4-7 pm FWPL Members Only Night (FWPL membership
Memberships can be purchased through our website or at the door for $10.00/year.
Thursday, April 25, 2024 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Hardcover books are just $1 each! Paperbacks are only 50 cents!
Friday, April 26, 2024 10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 27, 2024 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
BYOB Bag Sale! $5 fills a bag! Bring Your Own Bag
Credit cards accepted.
Lobby Book Store
The Lobby Book Store is open during regular library hours. We offer gently used fiction and nonfiction books, media (CD’s, DVD’s, Blu- rays) and puzzles for all ages. Cash and credit cards are accepted for purchases at the circulation desk.
We appreciate your gently used donations. We only accept two boxes or bags of donations from each patron.
Please do not donate the following items as we no longer sell them and must pay to recycle them.
- Cassette tapes
- English dictionaries
- Heavily worn or damaged books
- Medical books older than 3 years
- Items showing sign of mold.
Fundraising Through Recycling!
Help the Friends help the Library by bringing in your recyclables!
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Cell phones
- Electronic gadgets [no computers]
Can be left at the Donation Station across from the Check Out desk.
Annual Reports and Other Documents
- Friends Bylaws 2019
- Amendment to the By Laws: Credit Card Policy
- Amendment to the By Laws: Conflict of Interest Policy 2019
- Amendment to the By Laws: Whistleblower Policy 2019
- Amendment to the By Laws: Reimbursement Policy
- Amendment to the By Laws: Recognition Policy 2019
- Amendment to the By Laws: Vacant Officer Position 2020
- Friends-Trustees Operating Agreement 2015