LUNCHTIME BOOK DISCUSSION
All are welcome to come to any session; no registration necessary. The books for discussion are available at the Circulation Desk the month before the scheduled discussion. The group meets the third Thursday of the month at 1pm. Feel free to bring your lunch. Books chosen for discussion have been nominated or won a book award.
- January – Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Wolff
- February 16 – The Friend by Sigrid Nunez
- March 16 – The Round House by Louise Erdrich
- April 20 – Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
- May 18 – Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- June 15 – Jazz by Toni Morrison
Starting in July the meetings will be at 1pm
- July 20 – The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi
- August 17 – Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- September 21 – Zorrie by Laird Hunt
- October 19 – Memorial Drive by Natasha Trethewey
- November 16 – Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
- December 21 – Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- January 18 – The Worst Hard Time: the untold story of those who survived the great American dust bowl by Timothy Egan
- February 15 – Matrix by Lauren Groff
EVENING BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
All are welcome to come to any session; no registration necessary. The books for discussion are available at the Circulation Desk the month before the schedule discussion. The group meets the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30 pm.
- January no meeting – book selection via email
- February 1 – The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- March 1 – The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
- April 5 – A Children’s Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin
- May 3 – The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar.
- June 7 – Reading with Patrick by Michelle Kuo
- No July or August
- September 6 – Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland
- October 4 – The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
- November 1 – Zorrie by Laird Hunt
- December 6 – Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce
For more information contact Mary Ann Kwiatkowski at her email address.
Books are available at the Check Out Desk. Adults and teens are welcome to join.
BOOK DISCUSSION KITS
Everything you need to lead a great book discussion! Each kit contains:
- 8 copies of a title
- 8 book discussion guides
- Information about the book and author
- Questions for discussion
- Information for further reading