We enhance our community’s intellectual and creative pursuits by providing expertise in combination with an eclectic collection.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of service at the greatest value in a comfortable and inclusive environment. The Webster Public Library began in 1929 as a single room in the high school building with 657 books, 365 borrowers, and a circulation of 6,246. In 1957, the library moved to the Emil Reitz building on Main Street in the Village of Webster, and in 1959 the library relocated to a new facility in a wing of the Town Hall on Ridge Road.In 1975, a library was built at 1 Van Ingen Drive, located behind the Town Hall complex. In May 2002, the library moved to its current location in Webster Plaza with a south facing entrance. In 2016, the entrance was moved to the north side of the building and now has its own dedicated parking lot. The library gained 4000 square feet and has a beautiful new look.